Fields of Interest¶
- Operating Systems
- System Programming
- Systematic: on a regular basis, read the major chapters (possibly unordered) of the entire books.
- Ad hoc: read a specific chapter, section, or topic.
- Timer: set a timer when reading and note-taking to ensure efficiency.
Pros and Cons¶
- Perseverance: making notes guarantees long-term, persistent learning paths.
- Selective and readable: well-structured, focus-highlighted notes help memorization and internalization.
- Available for lookups: the notes are powerful resources for future reference.
- Time-consuming: formatting texts, adding images and sorting out information takes about 1/3 of the overall time spent on learning.
- Tedious: the notes can sometimes be lengthy and pointless.